Tuesday 16 July 2013

Ask Me: Morning Skincare Routine

Hi!

I'm going to post about... my morning skincare routine! I personally like to keep everything simple by only using a few products, so here is the most basic routine I can think of. Unless you only use soap and water...

  1. Water and Cleanser: I like to use warm water, then scrub off stuff with a wet flannel, since a dry one is too scratchy. Then I use face cleanser. I like to alternate between my Garnier Light Gentle Clarifying Face Wash and my BiorĂ© Gentle Foam Facial Wash. Here is a picture from the Internet of the Garnier face wash. 
  2. Scrubbing (Hard, but not too hard): This is my version of exfoliation, since I don't have an exfoliator. So I just keep the face cleanser on, and with aforementioned face flannel, I just rub gently on my nose, cheeks and forehead, I know my method may not be exactly correct, but it makes my skin feel fresh, smooth and soft. Although make sure that you don't scrub too hard, or your face will turn tomato read from the flannel's rubbing! Not. Cool. 
  3. Washing it all off: This step = meh. Just splashing water on my face. Water must be warm. 
  4. Dry time: Pat your face dry with a damp flannel. 
  5. Moisturiser: I like to use a light BB cream, or a light day cream that includes SPF protection as well as moisturization. I personally prefer a water-based cream since I have combination skin and I live in humid and hot Singapore, which means those oils will be produced even faster. However if you have dry skin, you should use a medium-weight cream that is oil based. 
Ta-dah! There it is. Feel free to leave comments below on what you do in the morning for your skincare routine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment